Correction in aadhaar card online
Now you can do correction in Aadhaar card online or by post. If you get your Aadhaar card with containing wrong information, you can do correction in Aadhaar card online or by post providing right information. Any one, who is not getting their Aadhaar card yet, can download from UIDAI website in PDF format. After download, if one sees his/her aadhaar listed with wrong data, one can do farther correction in Aadhaar card.
Before I go for topic “Correction in Aadhaar Card”, I am showing how to download aadhaar card online for those who are not yet download it.
How to download Aadhaar Card online?
Now follow step by step tutorial for downloading aadhaar card online
STEP 1.Check status of Aadhaar card.
Click on this link https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-status and give your Aadhaar Enrolment ID, date and time. If your aadhaar has generated, you can get it in your mobile phone or in your computer.
STEP 2.Go to this website https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and enter details on its field and click on “Get One Time Password”. You will receive a password containing six digit numbers. Enter this password on “Enter OTP” field and click on tab “Validate & Download”.
Step3. Your aadhaar card has downloaded in PDF format password protected. To open aadhaar card, you need a password. Aadhaar card password is your pin code number.
Now see carefully for any correction in aadhaar card.
Updating or correction in Aadhaar Card
One can update or correction in Aadhaar Card of his/her Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile Number.
For updating or correction in aadhaar following documents are needed for proof.
Documents for identity proof ( you can use any one)
- Passport,PAN Card.
- Voter ID.
- Driving License.
- NREGS Job Card.
- Photo Bank ATM Card.
- Photo Credit Card.
- Pensioner Photo Card.
- Kissan Photo Passbook.
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card.
- Ration/ PDS Photo Card.
- Arms License.
- Government Photo ID Cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU.
- Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution.
- CGHS / ECHS Photo Card.
- Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts.
- Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead.
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT.
- Marriage Certificate.
- Proof of Marriage document issued by the Registrar.
Documents for date of birth proof (use any one)
- Birth Certificate
- SSLC Book/Certificate
Documents for address proof
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
Now go through the steps for correction in aadhaar card.
How to do correction in aadhaar card online
Step 1.Click on https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
Enter your Aadhaar number on the field and request for OTP. After getting OTP on your mobile, put the OTP and log in your aadhaar account for correction in Aadhaar card.
Step 2.Select field which to be updated.
Step 3. Now upload your documents.
Step 4. Select a BPO service provider.
Step 5. Submit your request. A Update Request Number (URN) will be generated. Keep it care fully for future reference and tracking. You can track status of correction in aadhaar by visiting this link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/check-status.